Call for papers
The 2nd International Workshop on (Meta)modelling for Healthcare Systems (MMHS)
Call for papers: The 2nd International Workshop on (Meta)modelling for Healthcare Systems (MMHS) http://mmhs.hib.no/ 27-30/9/2015, Berlin, Germany.
Rising costs, ageing populations and increased expectations are making the current healthcare systems in the developed world unsustainable. Information technology has the potential to support healthcare but its application has not nearly reached its full potential. Barriers include the distributed nature of the services and local variations in policies; continuous changes due to updates in the rules and guidelines; the complexity of the information; and the plethora of requirements placed on the systems by a network of stakeholders. Model-Driven Software Engineering (MDSE) is an emerging and promising methodology for software systems, targeting challenges in software engineering relating to productivity, flexibility and reliability. MDSE is especially useful as a methodology for the development of healthcare systems having the above mentioned barriers in mind. Modelling and metamodelling is fundamental for MDSE techniques, especially when new tools and modelling languages are created for the domain-experts.
Submissions are invited dealing with model based techniques in general and modelling and metamodelling in particular, focusing on their applicability to healthcare, and can range from theoretical aspects to more applied case studies or prototype systems targeting applications.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- modelling and simulation of care processes
- (meta)modelling of different aspects of the health care domain e.g. security, privacy, process monitoring, user interaction, data representation, clinical processes etc.
- knowledge representation in form of metamodelling, archetypes and ontologies
- (meta)modelling techniques for patient self management of diseases
- (meta)modelling techniques for integration and coordination of health data systems
- modelling of care processes that crosses institutional boarders (e.g. hospital-care home, care home-family doctor, paramedic-hospital etc.)
- success stories of application of (meta)modelling techniques in health care
We invite three types of submissions: Full papers, Tool presentations and Posters:
- Full papers and Tool presentations (max. 6 pages +2 pages for an additional fee) are requested to be submitted using ICTH (Procedia) template; papers will be refereed. All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the ICTH-2015 proceedings, which will be published by Elsevier. The authors must follow Elsevier guidelines as given in ICTH-2015 Website.
- Tool presentations could alternatively be submitted as a short abstract explaining how the MMHS community could benefit from using the tool; the abstracts will be published at the MMHS website but will not be included in the proceedings.
- We invite poster announcements of previously published work or of works in progress, including tool development. This will provide an opportunity for authors who are interested in discussing their published research with the MMHS community and giving a talk. Posters will not be part of the proceedings.
For all submission types please use the Easychair submission system https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mmhs2015
Submission due: 15 July 2015 Extended.
Notification of acceptance: 20 July 2015.
Camera-ready due: 26 July 2015.
Workshop: 27-30 September, 2015.
Information about Camera-ready submission of accepted papers (deadline is 26 July 2015) can be found here: